Best Soultatva Recipes
Quick Healthy Recipes From The Experts
Organic foods often have more beneficial nutrients, such as antioxidants, than their conventionally-grown counterparts and people with allergies to foods, chemicals, or preservatives often find their symptoms lessen or go away when they eat only organic foods.
counterparts and people with allergies to foods, chemicals, or preservatives often find their symptoms lessen or go away when they eat only organic foods.
Aatho (fudgy concoction of dried fruits, nuts, spices, seeds for nursing mothers)
- 500 grams ghee/clarified butter
- 250 grams jaggery/gor, grated
- 100 grams sugar crystals/sakar
- 200 grams dedicated coconut/chinelu suku nariyal
- 1 shell dried coconut/sukha nariyal
- 50 grams edible gum
- 50 grams pistachios/pista
- 50 grams almonds/badam
- 50 grams walnuts/akhrot
- 50 grams cashew nut/ kaju
- 50 grams golden raisins/kishmish
- 50 grams dried dates/kharek
- 50 grams dried apricots/jardalu
- 25 grams Charoli/chironji
- 50 grams poppy seeds/khus-khus
- 50 grams watermelon seeds
- 50 grams dried ginger powder/sooth
- 10 grams peepramul/ganthoda powder
- 1 nutmeg, grated (can reduce the amount to suit your taste)
- 5-6 green cardamoms seeds powdered
- The preparations for making Aatho begins with finely chopping dried coconut, kharek (dried date), pistachios, almonds, cashews, walnuts and apricots.
- If you want you can dry roast the khus-khus and magaz seeds
- Place a small pan on low flame, add two to three tablespoons ghee and fry the edible gum till it pops up.
- Once the fried edible gum cools down a little, roughly crush it.
- In the same pan add the rest of the ghee and melt it.
- Turn off the flame.
- Take a large mixing bowl. First add the grated jaggery and pour the hot ghee on it.
- Mix till jaggery melts down. Now begin adding all the ingredients one at a time and mix well after addition of each ingredient.
- Aatho is ready.
- the Aatho to an airtight container.
- The mix stays well at room temperature.
- Eat a couple of spoonfuls after each feed or two bowls a day.