Best Soultatva Recipes
Quick Healthy Recipes From The Experts
Organic foods often have more beneficial nutrients, such as antioxidants, than their conventionally-grown counterparts and people with allergies to foods, chemicals, or preservatives often find their symptoms lessen or go away when they eat only organic foods.
counterparts and people with allergies to foods, chemicals, or preservatives often find their symptoms lessen or go away when they eat only organic foods.
Crunchy Cashew-Sesame Bars (12 Bars)
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 1/2 cups cashews
- 8 tablespoons raw sesame seeds, divided
- 6 tablespoons flaxseed, divided
- 1/4 cup wheat bran
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Coat 8x8" baking pan with nonstick vegetable oil spray; line with parchment, leaving overhang on all sides. Toast 1 1/2 cups cashews, 6 tablespoons raw sesame seeds, and 5 tablespoons flaxseed in separate areas on a rimmed baking sheet in a 170-175°C oven, stirring occasionally (but not mixing), until golden brown, 10–12 minutes.
- Let it cool. Set aside 2 tablespoons sesame seeds and 1 tablespoon flaxseed.
- Process cashews and remaining seeds with 1/4 cup wheat bran, 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom in a food processor until mostly finely chopped.
- Place in a medium bowl. Bring 1/2 cup pure maple syrup (or honey) and 1 tablespoon coconut oil to a boil in a small saucepan; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Pour over cashew mixture and stir to coat.
- Press mixture firmly into the prepared pan with wet hands (it will be sticky). Top with reserved seeds; press to adhere.
- Bake until golden brown, 25–30 minutes. Let cool, then cut into bars.