Best Soultatva Recipes
Quick Healthy Recipes From The Experts
Organic foods often have more beneficial nutrients, such as antioxidants, than their conventionally-grown counterparts and people with allergies to foods, chemicals, or preservatives often find their symptoms lessen or go away when they eat only organic foods.
counterparts and people with allergies to foods, chemicals, or preservatives often find their symptoms lessen or go away when they eat only organic foods.
Espresso walnut brownie
- 1 1/2 cups raw walnuts (splits)
- 1 cup raw unsalted almonds (roughly chopped)
- 2 - 2 1/2 cups dates (pitted)
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder OR raw cacao if you have it
- 1-2 tsp espresso powder or finely ground coffee (depending on preference)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Place 1 cup walnuts and 1 cup almonds in the food processor and process until finely ground (amounts as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size).
- Add the cocoa powder or cacao, espresso powder and sea salt. Pulse to combine and then transfer to bowl and set aside.
- Add the dates to the food processor and process until small bits remain. Remove from bowl and set aside.
- Add nut and cocoa mixture back into the food processor and while processing, drop small handfuls of the date pieces down into the food processor spout. Process until a dough consistency is achieved, adding more dates if the mixture does not hold together when squeezed in your hand.
- Add the brownie mixture to a small parchment lined cake pan or loaf pan and add remaining roughly chopped walnuts (1/2 cup as the original recipe is written). Toss to combine and evenly distribute, and then press down with your hands until it is flat and firm.
- Place in the freezer or fridge to chill before cutting. Store in an airtight container to keep fresh. Will keep in the fridge for at least 2 weeks and in the freezer for at least 2 months.