Best Soultatva Recipes
Quick Healthy Recipes From The Experts
Organic foods often have more beneficial nutrients, such as antioxidants, than their conventionally-grown counterparts and people with allergies to foods, chemicals, or preservatives often find their symptoms lessen or go away when they eat only organic foods.
counterparts and people with allergies to foods, chemicals, or preservatives often find their symptoms lessen or go away when they eat only organic foods.
Turmeric roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup organic raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 drops sriracha or red chilli hot sauce (1/8 teaspoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, less if using table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- Preheat oven to 170- 175 degrees C and place oven rack on center position.
- In a small bowl, add all ingredients, changing quantities to your liking. Note; the turmeric absorbs a lot of the oil after it's added. Also, I highly recommend not skipping the sriracha. It adds just the right bit of heat and is a good pairing with turmeric.
- Stir all ingredients until well mixed. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 to 8 minutes, until pumpkin seeds start to darken and plump up slightly.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Eat alone as a healthy snack or toss over any green salad or roasted vegetable dish. The pumpkin seeds can even be ground in a food processor and added to a favorite vinaigrette dressing.
- Leftover pumpkin seeds keep very well for up to a week in an air-tight container.